Frequently Asked Questions about Social Services
- What types of benefits are refugees eligible for?
- How can I help a refugee maintain their benefits through the Department of Social Services?
- How can I help a refugee check their benefits?
- The refugee I'm helping does not speak English fluently. How can I help them navigate DSS?
- Can I speak on behalf of a refugee on issues involving the Department of Social Services?
- Help! I know a refugee whose DSS case is being closed. What do I do?
- How can I help my refugee friend schedule a fair hearing?
- A refugee I know is experiencing a household change (new job, moving, birth of a child, change in household composition), should we tell DSS?